"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." -Marilyn Monroe

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tip of the Week: How to keep Inexpensive Jewelry from Turning.

Hey everyone.. Have you ever found a piece of really cheap or costume jewelry that you loved but you passed up on it because you were afraid it would turn? I mean who wants jewelry that looks grimy or old and dirty, right? Well a trick I learned a long time ago is to paint it with clear nail polish and it won't turn! I've got a ring that I bought at Lane Bryant about 10 or 12 years ago that I painted with clear nail polish, and it still looks just as good as it didnt the day I bought it.

You can get a really cheap clear polish for this, it doesnt have to be expensive.. I bought some for $1.00 and it works great. Just paint right over your piece of jewelry or whatever, and it will stay looking the same.

I also use this trick when I want to keep something looking the same as it's aged patina. For example, I found these little pins for 10 cents each. They were aged to a nice patina and I wanted them to stay that way. I painted over them and now they are that way forever. It's a really cool trick.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment