"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." -Marilyn Monroe

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My First Trip to IKEA...

When my friend April found out that I had never been to IKEA before she said that she HAD to take me! We made several planned trips and something always came up, but FINALLY this past Saturday we got to go! I was kind of in awe.. I guess I'm a small town girl.. I had never been to a store that big! It was amazing.. I had an awesome time just looking at everything. It's mind-blowing what they can do with 250 sq ft..

The only downside to the trip was that my coat got stolen.. It was hooked onto the little cart thing and I had my hand on the cart the ENTIRE TIME! Whoever took it had to be as bold as brass to take it. Thanks to that I had to walk around the rest of the night with short sleeves in freezing weather! But I had a great time with April and at IKEA..

Of course, I bought too many things, but they were all great bargains.. I bought 3 of the Ung Drill Frames (1 for me, and 2 for my dear friend Kay@Country Sunshine).. They are goegeous in person and HUGEEE! I also bought 4 of the stomach sleeper pillows for 99 cents each, 3 small red wooden mirrors for $2.99 each, a ton of candleholders for gifts, some knives for my friend Amber for her birthday, and one of the $9.99 down alternative queen size blankets to use on my bed for summer. They arent extremely heavy and since I get hot hot hot when I sleep I thought one of those would be a good solution for my bedding issues.

Anyway, I'm going to do a project with the mirrors for my livingroom so stay tuned for that..

No comments:

Post a Comment