"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." -Marilyn Monroe

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Look for Less... Revisiting People Stylewatch July Edition

For a while now I have been wanting to start a "Look for Less" on my blog. I want to take the magazine trends, and find bargains for us stylish big girls. As I was browsing the "People Stylewatch" July edition, I fell in love with the dress in the Plus Size Blogger picks by Ashley Falcon. The dress, priced at $119, really is not that bad of a deal for an investment piece. It is shaped in such a manner that many body types can wear it well. The thing that stuck out to me about Ashley's picks were the accessories- the prices were all through the roof. If you are on a budget, like me, then paying $295 for a pair of shoes really is not going to work for you. You don't have to sacrifice style for price though. I found some nice alternatives for the accessories. I even changed found several similar style shoes in different heel types (wedge etc). Not all of us can wear those high high heels that we love so much.



Here's what ashley picked!


And here are the options I chose:



My favorite of the shoes above are the ones from ASOS. I love those, but I would have style the accessories a little differently.

Here is how I would have style it:

I like adding in the black with the nude. To me it is a little more edgy. So what would you do? How would you style this gorgeous dress?

1 comment: