"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." -Marilyn Monroe

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ahhh the weekend...

Well the orientation I went to at the GDOL on Friday was a joke.. Well, rather DALTON is a joke. My friend Kay went to the same orientation in Cartersville and hers lasted 3 hours. Mine lasted MAYBE 15 minutes.. Maybe.. It was supposed to start at 9.. Didnt get started til almost 10 after. Then we had the "orientation" (and i use that term loosely), met with the DOL lady, I looked on the computer for more jobs, AND was halfway across town by 10am.. So wow.. nice huh? In Kay's orientation they were given a HUGE list, front and back of a page, of jobs they could apply for the on the job training at. We were given one job to choose from.. one whole job.. Dalton is just pathetic. I am going to try and go to Cartersville and see if they can help me sometime this week. OK so I will quit whining now.. On to other things.

After I got home yesterday I had a nice nap and woke with lots of energy. I got up and swept every room except the kitchen and livingroom.. moved more things around.. changed my decor, or rather TWEAKED it, again, made dinner, and watched "My Bloody Valentine 3d" all before bed.

I woke with more energy again this morning. I unloaded and re-loaded the dishwasher, cleaner my counters, swept the kitchen and livingroom floords, swept my front porch, cleaned out the refrigerator and freezer, took out the trash, and moved some stuff out to storage.. All this before April got here for lunch.. She was so sweet and took me out! We went to Papa's Pizza.. They had this thing..not sure what it was.. but it was kinda like a calzone (on the buffet) with ham, onion, mushrooms, and cheese.. It was freaking awesome.. Papa's Pizza blows Cicis and Stevie B's out of the water, in my opinion. A very good local place to go.

Anyway, I came home and started in again on organizing my HUGE magazine collection.. Then I faded.. I took a nap and I just couldnt wake up. I slept for HOURS.. I think I just got bored and lonely and depressed so I crashed.. That's one thing I've been battling since being laid off. I do not do well with boredom.

Anyway, Kay is coming to help me with working on my dining chairs again in the morning. After lunch sometime Im going to April and Kevin's for dinner. Maybe that will perk me up. When I get to be with my friends.. Also, looking forward to Sam and Wil's visit this week! YAY..

Well Im off to make dinner then get back to organizing magazines.. Everyone have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment